Learn How to Program the HomeLink Garage Door Opener Buttons in Your Audi
Audi A6 Garage Door Opener Programming
Garage door opener buttons are convenient and eliminate the need for the often bulky and obtrusive garage door opener remotes. If you own an A6, or other Audi model with the HomeLink garage door opening capabilities, then you're going to want to know how to set up this useful feature. Read on and we will show you the simplicity of Audi A6 garage door opener programming.
A few things you'll want to do before getting started include making sure your key is inserted into the ignition in the accessory position, with the engine off. The vehicle should also be parked. Also, be sure to have your garage door opener remote on hand.
How to Program Audi Garage Door Opener
- Press the "CAR" button on the control panel.
- Use the infotainment control knob to scroll through the available options and select "Vehicle settings." If your model is equipped with Audi Drive Select you will first need to select "Car systems" and then "Vehicle settings.
- Scroll down and select "Garage door opener.
- To program, next select "Program garage door opener.
- There are three garage door opener buttons you can assign, indicated by the Roman numerals of I, II and III. Select the one you want to program.
- Your MMI display will provide you with instructions for programming the garage door opener. Follow these instructions, which should be similar to those listed below:
- Get out of the vehicle and hold your garage door opener remote below the headlight on the driver's side of the vehicle.
- Press and hold the button on your garage door remote until the headlights flash 3 times.
- Upon re-entering your vehicle, the MMI display should state that programming has been successful. You should now be able to open and close your garage door using the HomeLink buttons inside your Audi.
Garage Doors with Rolling Codes
Some garage door openers will have rolling codes, which may require you to take a few extra steps:
- The MMI display may ask you to press the HomeLink garage door opener button inside your Audi twice.
- Press and hold the garage door opener button you are attempting to program for about two seconds until you see the red light next to it start blinking. Press and hold for two more seconds and the red light should remain solid.
- Your MMI display will ask you if the garage door is moving. If it is, select "Yes," and the programming is complete. If it is not moving, select "No" and continue to step 4 below.
- If the garage door is not moving at this point, you or a helper will need to press the "learn" or "program" button on your garage door motor. Once completed, reattempt steps 2 and 3 above, under "Garage Doors with Rolling Codes.